WHAT IS A POSTPARTUM DOU·LA?
A Postpartum Doula is a trained professional who offers non-judgmental and nurturing support to help you transition from pregnancy and postpartum to parenthood. I offer a comprehensive package with the goal of helping facilitate a lasting bond between both the parent(s) and baby. My role is to help you feel confident in your parenting for long-term success.
WHAT THIS INCLUDES:
- Assistance with organizing offers of help from friends and family to create a structured flow of help and maximize support.
- Babywearing assistance, education and demonstration
- Care for baby(ies) when parent(s) want to shower, spend time with other children, etc.
- Diapering and baby care
- Development of a postpartum plan
- Emotional & physical support
- Hands-on assistance for infant and birthing parent care
- Help create a quiet, relaxing environment
- If lactating, position and latch help
- Infant feeding, whether you plan to lactate, formula feed or a combination of both
- Meal preparation & light household support (i.e. grocery shopping, laundry, etc.) so you can spend more quality time with baby.
- Newborn care such as swaddling, soothing, baby wearing, cord care, bathing, etc.
- Non-judgmental support and a listening ear
- Organization of the home and laundry
- Preparation of pump supplies and/or bottles
- Processing of the birth experience
- Referrals and evidence-based information & education when necessary
- Screening for Postpartum Mood Disorders (PPMADs)
- Sibling Care
- Sleep support for both the parent(s) and baby
- Understanding Baby Cues
Daytime Support: $30/hr with a (6) hour minimum per week
Overnight Support: $40-$45/hr, 9pm-5am or 10pm-6am
this includes a complimentary consultation to discuss your potential needs