PRIVATE/GROUP CHILDBIRTH EDUCATION
Having trained as a Childbirth Educator by the authors of Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn, including Penny Simkin herself, I bring you knowledge and a “toolbag” of tricks to either a classroom setting or your home.
I like to refer to my style of teaching as “Practical Woo”. I’m here to help guide you to remain grounded and centered in your body during late-pregnancy, childbirth and early-postpartum, while also informing you of the logistics.
A Doula friend taught me the anagram PAIN: Purposeful, Anticipated, Intermittent & Normal. My goal is to help you feel all four of those things regarding your birth.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Various ways of coping with labor pain
- Enhancing your birth environment to help ease coping
- Pain vs. Suffering
- Fear, anxiety and stress management
- How to effectively open the lines of communication with your health care provider
- Confidence to make informed decisions
- Your Baby’s role during labor
- Informed decision making
- Pros and cons of both medical tools, procedures and pain medication vs. natural birth
- Birth anatomy and positions to help get baby in the optimal labor and birth position
- Creating a bond between you, your partner and baby
- Postpartum skills including breastfeeding and newborn care
FEE – 8 WEEK SERIES
Private Classes: $175/couple
Group Classes: $250/couple