WHAT IS A DOU·LA?
A Doula is someone who is trained in emotional and physical support for late-pregnancy, childbirth as well as early-postpartum for both the pregnant person and their partner.
I offer a comprehensive birth doula services package to both you and your partner. My goal is to help facilitate a lasting bond between parents and baby.
HAVING A DOULA AS A MEMBER OF YOUR BIRTH TEAM:
- decreases the length of labor by 25%
- decreases the augmentation of labor by 40%
- decreases the overall cesarean rate by 50%
- decreases the requests for an epidural by 60%
WHAT THIS INCLUDES:
- (1) “Meet & Greet” interview – up to 60 minutes, to go over my services.
- (1-2) Prenatal appointments where we’ll go over your preferences, create a birth plan, discuss various comfort and coping techniques that work for you, as well as talk about any questions or concerns you may have.
- (1) Reliable “back-up” doula incase of unforeseen circumstances (i.e. sick, family emergency, attending another labor)
- 24/7 on call support starting three weeks prior to your due date.
- Continuous emotional and physical support during the entirety of your labor for both you and your partner.
- (1) Postpartum visit in your home, within 7-days of birth, to help support you in your families new transition. This includes early breastfeeding/chestfeeding help, a safe space to process emotions and feelings regarding your birth experience, connection to local resources upon request as well as anything else to increase comfort.
- Unlimited access to my lending library of books and videos
I have trained extensively on several different comfort measures and labor progress methods to be able to offer you the best care possible. I find that I am able to tailor my care to your specific needs; whether you prefer a more direct, hands on approach or a grounding, hand-off and gentle birth. Listed below are a few of the comfort measures, coping strategies and tools that I offer as apart of my doula care:
- TENS Unit
- “Journey through the Pelvis”: positions/movements to optimize pelvic space for labor & birth
- Soothing Touch including light touch, massage, counter pressure, etc.
- Mind-Body Connection such as affirmations & hypnobirthing support
$850-$1200 SLIDING SCALE FEE
a $250 deposit to secure your date is required at time of hire
*If you find yourself wanting a Doula, but you find my fee is unmanageable, please still reach out.
Note: I am contracted through Swedish Hospital’s Birth Doula Program. If you are birthing at either Swedish First Hill, Swedish Ballard or Swedish Edmonds my fee is a flat rate of $1200.
AVAILABILITY FOR 2018: